Monday, November 17, 2008

I Ain't No Fool!!

Last week Matt won an iPod (Nano 16 GB ). Seeing as we are not super gadget-y we decided to try to sell it on Craigslist and KSL. I had someone email me about it Sunday and I replied giving them more of the details. This is what they wrote back:

"Nice hearing back from you , i want you to know that i am so serious in buying your craigslist item , and i will not be able to come for the pickup ,I will be glad if you can be so nice to help me ship itdown to my daughter whom school oversea , So i am ready to pay you$300 USD for the item cost including the shipping cost , and i willprefer paying you via paypal , cos it is very fast and secure ,so doget back to me with your paypal email for the instant payment or yousign up for a paypal personal account . Thanks"

Hello!! That is the oldest trick in the book. We were asking $195, and this "caring dear mother" is going to pay $105 over the price.

Whatever.

PS If you know anyone that wants a brand spankin' new iPod (Nano 16 GB Silver) for $185 send them my way!!

7 comments:

marcikay said...

I have to say.. that's a little scary! You hear about that stuff happening, but not to someone you know.. Don't fall for it, even if you're tempted (haha)

Ginga said...

We get that almost everytime we sell something on KSL - its obnoxious!!

Neysa said...

Hey Melissa, we are going private on our blog and need your email address. Could you please leave it on my blog. Thanks!

Our little family said...

I want it! Just send me your account number, and I'll wire you $400!!! :) Just kidding. I do want it though. I'll have to ask Rusty. He'll probably say no. :) So if someone else wants it, don't hold it for me. I'll let you know for sure. Lily can come play any time she's bored. Megan had a great time playing with her.

Bryan and Elissa Johnson said...

So did you sell your ipod? That same thing happened to me. I was selling a palm pilot on line. Same scam only they wanted me to send it to Africa for a cousin's birthday who was going to school there. Scary stuff.

Unknown said...

man oh man! How do you even reply to that e-mail???

Tropicanna said...

Oh man! I want that iPod so much! My 8g just isn't enough. If only I had the money. Good for you- your mama didn't raise no fool!