Saturday, July 12, 2008

Timp Cave

We hiked to Timp Cave yesterday. It was HARD. It probably would have been okay if I DIDN'T HAVE TO HOLD LILY THE WHOLE TIME!!! When we were driving there I kept thinking that I should just drop her off at Amanda's house. I even stopped at Amanda's because I forgot my shoes, and had to borrow some of hers. I should have listened to myself. Oh well, we did it! Madeline and Christopher did great. They had their water and snacks in their little fanny pack-ish thing.


It was 40 degrees inside the cave, it felt sooo good after the long 1 1/2 mile hike up!


Lily saw Christopher with his arms in his shirt, so she copied him!
The heart of Timpanogos Cave.
Finally at the top!
We went with Matt's sister, Melanie (and husband & kids), and her sister-in-law, Adrienne (and her kids).


I have no idea why he always makes this face!
Funny faces.
Just starting out.












4 comments:

Suzy said...

I'm a slacker and haven't been up there with our kids. How narrow is the path? I remember it being super narrow which freaked me out. Let me know.

kidsmom said...

You were right by my house. We are only about 2 miles from the canyon. I love hiking that trail. Some friends and I did it once a week just for the exercise. Crazy I know.

Tisa said...

That looks fun. I don't know why my family hasn't gone up before.

Madeline... said...

suzy don't hike up to timp cave it seems like ten-billion miles. I didn't think it was worth it! it was pretty boring but that's just me!!!