Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Story of My Two Middle Names.

So, the story of two middle names goes little something like this....
My middle name was supposed to be "Amy", but when my mom received my birth certificate it said "Ann". I was always told this, and at a young age I decided I liked the name Amy better. So I told everyone my middle name was Amy. I started putting it on things as I got older...um, you can't really do that. Just because "you like a name better" does not make it legal. I still say me middle name is Amy, but when filling out legal forms, etc I write it as Ann.
....not very exciting but that is the story.

In other news...
This is the famous "potty picture". My sweet older sister, Nikki, took this of me when I was about 4 years old...well hopefully I was only 3 because I am wearing those lovely thick training undies. I remember I was so embarrassed. I thought it may have been a dream until years later the picture showed up again.

Siblings: Look in the upper right corner. Do you remember that awful hairy, wooly thing? I think LaRue made it. It had a braid and a bow on the top...I think. Also, look at the lion door pulls. Oh, the memories!!

8 comments:

Andrea said...

That is such a beautiful story about your middle name!!! I am very glad that you explained it to me, thanks!!!!

liza said...

that is the best picture ever. i have one of hattie on the pot, but she is reading the newspaper. so funny. i bremember that hairy thing.

i didn't know that you put ann on legal stuff.

Neysa said...

I love that story. That picture is really cute.

Our little family said...

Lily looks a lot like you did when you were little! We all have the potty picture. :) It's the stories about me that are REALLY embarassing!

Shea said...

Nice picture!

Benji Pearson said...

I wasnt born when said picture was taken but that house didnt change. A flood of memories came rushing back when that bath room, thanks for posting that.

I always thought the two middle name story was that dad forgot your middle name during your baby blessing. Either way never a dull moment!

Melissa Miller said...

Liza-I try to just put "A", but sometimes I have to put the whole darn name.

Benj-Dad actually blessed me the right name-Amy-so on the records of the church I am Melissa Amy. I hope in 300 years people doing geneology don't get too confused!!

Nikki said...

Melissa, I am sorry I traumatized you. It is a cute picture though. At first I thought it was Lilly.