Thursday, April 17, 2008

A New Mattress

Matt and I have decided it is time to get a new mattress. We have had our current one for as long as we have been married. But, that is not what I am excited about. Us getting a new mattress means Madeline gets our old one, and Christopher gets Madeline's old full mattress. The excitement in that means: NEW BEDROOM DECOR FOR EVERYONE!!

Well, only for Madeline and Christopher, but that is still awesome. I'm tyring to think of something great for both rooms, but I can't think of anything so far. I'm sure when I go out to look I will find a deal of a life time (because we all know I ALWAYS find the best deals EVER!).

I want to do Madeline's room in something girly-but-not-little-girly-or-high-school-musical-hannah-montana-girly. The bed she will have will be a dark cherry-ish. I need to clean the dirt off of it. Matt's crazy friend, John, had it sitting out in his yard for a while. When Matt picked up the foss ball table from him he saw it, and decided to rescue it too! Oh John, what are we ever going to do with you?

I have no idea what to do with Christopher's room. I went to Pottery Barn kids to get some ideas...not that I would buy anything from there.

All of these important decisions I have to make...my life is so difficult!!

10 comments:

The Addingtons said...

Hey Melissa!! Glad you found us...I was getting ready to comment to you. :) Alyssa can't get onto Madeline's blog...we need an invite. Cute blog!! KIT.

Tropicanna said...

Sounds like fun! I can't wait to see the new rooms. By the way, I LOVE your bedding...blue and brown (or pink and brown) are my favorite.

Tim and Kristine said...

A new mattress, sounds delightful. We sure could use one around here. JC Penney was having a bedding sale last week, it looked like they had some fun things that could work for Madeline, I didn't look too much at the boy stuff. Are you going to let her help pick? Shopping is always so much fun, I miss it!!!

Our little family said...

You need to take me shopping. I need help finding good deals! I need to finish our front room, but I need to find some good deals. We'll have to talk, maybe next week.

Shea said...

I get all my furniture from Karen Quist at the R.C. Willey outlet. If you are patient you can find the greatest deals in the clearance center. I got Grace a really cute headboard for $10! That's a rare deal but you can find great things. They also have clearance mattresses.

Melissa Miller said...

Kristine, it's funny that you mention JCPenney because I have looked at every department store from Walmart to Dillards (all online ofcourse), and the only place I found stuff that I really liked was at JCP.
Shea, I will have to pay Karen a visit...good idea!

Our little family said...

This is my new blogger identity in case you didn't figure that out before. I'm the one who needs your help decorating! If you want to of course. :) I changed it because I didn't want our last name on our blog anymore.

Kim

Hilary said...

I actually got my boy's bedding set at Target, and it's held up fairly well. Maybe start there, and get accent pieces ase you go along?
I haven't made hardly any money on my blog ads -- but they're kind of amusing sometimes. I have to have 100$ before I can cash in, and after almost 1.5 years of doing them I think I have 20$... Maybe someday...
I've been going to www.moneysavingmom.com -- and people there put things so simply it helps to figure it all out. I highly recommend it. Do you still live in Provo? I know Albertsons has GREAT sales -- learn to shop them (Alberstons was sold in the Bay ARea, so I'm having to make due with Safeway).

Hilary said...

Oh, and you're welcome to add me to your sidebar -- put whatever name you want. :)

Megan said...

Melissa,
Your kids and blog are so cute. I will be checking every once in a while, so I hope you don't mind. It's so fun to see how everyone is doing. Take care and you are always invited to our blog (as boring as it is).