Thursday, April 3, 2008

Here Turtle, Turtle...

Um, how do you lose a tiny turtle, that can't get out of it's cage? How, oh how? It is missing. I have no idea how this happened. I saw him, in his cage around 1:00. When Christopher got home from school he went to look at the turtle...AND HE WAS NOT THERE. He is tiny, about the size of Lily's palm. He can't climb out of his cage....did someone rob us in broad daylight, even though all of our doors were locked!?!?!?
Christopher asked if we could call someone. "Who", I asked. "I don't know maybe an expert on finding turtles", he said. Do they have those around here? It's a pretty small town, I'm thinking we are fresh out of professional turtle finders.

UPDATE: 4:57 PM. Turtle has been found. I repeat: Turtle has been found.
Apparently, he can get out of his cage. We rearranged the rocks so they are not close to the sides. That sneaky little fella.
At one point, when we were looking Lily said "I can't find her, he is lost. That silly fella". Maybe our turtle is a he/she!

5 comments:

Tim and Kristine said...

where did you find the creature? I am glad that he has been found. Has he been given a name yet?

Melissa Miller said...

We found him behind the red chair in the front room. We have his cage on the floor by the window in the kitchen, so he can get some sunlight. He traveled about 15 or 20 feet.

Curt, Lace and Harper said...

Melissa I jsut started a blog a couple of days ago. I tracked you down through Nancy's! Yeah for blogs now I can see some updated pictures. Since you decided to leave us. We need to get together soon!

Love Lacey Daily

Shea said...

That's an idea for a business. Turtle Finder. We lost a hamster once and found it days later making a nest in my mom's pots and pans.

The Boyles said...

What a great blog Melissa, I'm glad we got connected! Very cute house, I haven't seen it yet.