Next we stopped in The Cayman Islands. We went out to a sand bar and fed stingrays! I even got in the water AND held one. I don't have those pictures yet because we used a water camera for that excursion...I will post pictures when I get them developed. This was my favorite stop. After we fed the stingrays we went to this little village called "Rum...I don't remember the rest of the name". MORE alcohol...we really enjoyed our Diet Pepsi!!
It was so peaceful here. We didn't have any one ask us to buy their stuff, and if we did buy stuff we didn't have to talk them down to a reasonable price.
This is the crew. Front couple:Jim (Matt's dad) and Jacci (Matt's step mom), second couple:us, third couple:Dan and Nancy Aldridge (Jacci's folks). Look at the background. It was amazing.
The storm hit us! It was so cool. We were in the little boat that took us to the sand bar, and to the rum place. It p.o.u.r.e.d! We were close enough to shore that we didn't get too nervous.
Another picture of the handsome fellow and lovely beach!!
The food on the ship was delightful. For breakfast they had a buffet or room service (you could order room service 24/7). The buffet was so yummy. I have never had so much food in my life. Lunch was another buffet, except the days we were in port. We were always late for lunch (it ended at 2:30) because we were taking naps! Dinner was in the fancy restaurant. We could just wear normal clothes there. Except they had 2 formal nights. That was fun to dress up. I didn't wear my prom dress though! I bought a cute black and white dress . For dinner they always had an appetizer, salad or soup (or both if you wanted, actually you could have ordered every single thing on the menu!), main course, and dessert. The portions were smaller so it wasn't too bad to eat ALL that food. The food was included in the price of the cruise, but drinks were not. Matt and I drank a lot of water, which was a very good thing. They only had Coke products, and since we are Pepsi folks we sort of laid off the hard stuff!!
The water was indeed clear and blue. When we were in Jamaica we were playing on the beach. In the shallow water we would walk around and these little skinny fish would swim around our feet. We figured we must have been kicking up stuff in the sand that they liked to eat. One time a crab kept following me. That freaked me out. I didn't mind the fish, but the crab bothered me!
It was fine that it was over cast and rainy. We were already wet from playing in the ocean, and it was still warm.
We had fun shopping in all three ports. In Jamaica and Cozumel they wouldn't leave us alone. "Hey pretty lady, come look at my stuff", "Today for you 50% off", "For you everything almost free, just for you". They were very funny. I kind of liked haggling, and getting the price down to less than half of what they originally told me.
Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Our Second Stop
Posted by Melissa Miller at 9:38 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Oh Honey, sounds like such a delightful trip! I'm glad you got to have lots of naps- what a concept.
Post a Comment