Has everyone been as gloomy as me? I am hoping it is just the weather, and I will perk right up as soon as Utah acts like it is spring! I have some very important photos to share with you. I had an "ipro" put in today. It is a continuous glucose monitoring system. It records my blood sugar every 5 minutes. After the required 7 days, I go back into the Diabetes Management Clinic, they remove it, and download the results. There is not a problem with my blood sugar levels, my doctor just likes to get a good idea of what time of day I tend to go higher, if I need more insulin at a specific meal, and insurance pays for it...so why not!! I have made it sound far more technical than it really is. It is very simple to put it and take out. It is exactly like Madeline's pump site. I just think I am really cool "cause I have an ipro"!! I was a little nervous having it stay in me (oh BTW, there is just a small tube that stays right beneath the skin, about 1/4 of an inch long). That just makes me want to pass out. I was okay until I showed the kids when they got home from school. For some reason it made was woozy. Now, a whole 6 hours after placement, I can look at it with no passing out problems.
I went to Ripple's the other day...I know, lucky me! The drinks listed are Coke~Root Beer~Lemon-Lime~Cherry~Sprite~Orange~TAB. Do they even make Tab anymore? I know he doesn't like to change his signs very often. After all the "Flavor of the Day" was strawberry for at least 30 years. He took that sign down. What a shame!

5 comments:
I love Ripples! That is really cool about the ipro. Do you still give yourself shots?
Nice mileage on your car! You are a dork!
I have not been to Ripples for years!!!
I heart ripples!!!
I'm sorry I have been a bad blog friend lately. I'd love to know how the results came back, did the testing help? I am dreading Abby and Colton's dr. appointments tomorrow, I know their A1C is going to be awful and I feel like a bad mom. Here's hoping for a cure some day soon. Hope you are doing well, your family is adorable!
Post a Comment