Saturday, October 11, 2008

Catalina

Matt and I went to Catalina last week. We had a great time. We went with Matt's dad and step mom (Jim and Jacci) and Jacci's parents (Dan and Nancy).
I was not trying to take a picture of the boat captain, I was trying to take a picture of the town of Avalon. Avalon is about 1 mile square. The island of Catalina is about 11 miles by 22 miles. The town was so quaint. The house we stayed in was 1 block from the main waterfront street.

In the 1940's a film crew brought buffalo to the island for their film...they didn't take them when they left. So now Catalina has a large buffalo population.
We did not fly into the Catalina Airport, but we went on a wild ride up to the airport.
We went to see Mindi Abair at a secluded ranch. (I didn't know who she was either. She plays the saxophone, very talented, but I'm not really into the whole jazz-saxophone-concert-thing.)

An old man playing an old organ in The Casino. They have a big round building called "The Casino". It was built in the 1920's and was used as a dance hall and theater. FYI, it was never used as a casino-gambling-casino. Apparently, "casino" means something about entertainment hall in another language.
Grandpa Dan and Grandma Nancy at The Buffalo Nickel. Yummy food, it was our favorite place to eat.
Gpa Dan and Matt.
Inside The Casino.
More Casino.


1 comments:

liza said...

Sure, you had a thing for the captain, I can tell.
You sure are looking hot, Miss Riss!