Wednesday, September 17, 2008

en-DOS-cop-ee

When I was 27 weeks pregnant with Madeline I found out I had gestational diabetes. My doctor put me in the hospital because my blood sugar was so high.
I had to spend 1 week there. My doctor wanted me to walk around, because exercise helps to bring down the blood sugar. So I walked and walked and walked and walked around the hospital.
I was so bored walking that I would read any words I could. I would read MRI <---, Emergency Room --->, Endoscopy --->. In my brain I said "en-do-sco-PEE". I knew that is not possibly how it was pronounced, but I could never figure out where to put the emphasis.
Well, 2 days ago I learned how to correctly pronounce "endoscopy". You see, I had the pleasure of having a endoscope. I have been having stomach pains, really really bad stomach pains. The ultrasound didn't show anything...and neither did the scope. On Friday I get to have another ultrasound done on my gallbladder. Even I know it is not my gallbladder.

PS I am having camera problems. Hopefully, I will be able to get it up and running soon, so you don't have to read a post without pictures!

5 comments:

Andrea said...

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling good. I hope they find out what's bugging you soon and get ya all fixed up!

Tim and Kristine said...

That stinks that they didn't find anything. I heard that you were pukin' and stuff.....no fun. Let me know if you need anything.

KP

Shea said...

Sorry to hear about the pain. If you need kids to come play here sometime, just call.

Curt, Lace and Harper said...

I hope that it is not your gallbladder. I had mine out on Thursday. Today is day 3 and I still dont feel that great. Everyone says that by day 7 I should feel like a new lady we will see! The ultrasound said that everything was fine. It took a Hyda scan to figure out that my gallbladder was not working at all!

Tina said...

Melissa, I hope you get feeling better soon and they figure things out. Thank-you SO much for your kind words and encouragement. I really hate diabetes, but you have really been helping me, thanks!!