Saturday, July 5, 2008

Death of a Pet

Our bird, Charles died last week. He was flying around, landing on something sharp-ish, and started bleeding. We kept an eye on him all evening. He got weaker and weaker, and passed away before bedtime. Poor Christopher was heart broken. We buried him in our backyard.



Cousin, H, had the great idea to have everyone say something nice about Charles.....
Christopher said: Charles you were not very nice to me, but I still loved you. (He wasn't a very friendly bird, he didn't like to be held.)
H said: Charles I never got to hold you but you were a good bird. I'm glad Christopher broke the toy that killed you.
Madeline: Charles you were a good bird, and I'm going to miss you.

2 comments:

Tim and Kristine said...

That is sad.

Suzy said...

That's so sweet how he has a head stone.