Christopher told me he likes to call Mexico "Meh-he-co". It sounds better.
On the ship we could pick different excursions. For Cozumel we choose to go to Tulum. I went there in 7th grade. Mom and Dad took me, Liza, and a barely-pregnant-sicker-than-a-dog Jenny (her husband was overseas). It was hot and we were not interested in seeing the Mayan Ruins. I was so happy to go back as an adult and learn more about it. I was a little disappointed that we couldn't climb the steeeeeep stairs of the temple. Oh well, I guess they have to be able to preserve it somehow! I bought myself a lovely swimsuit cover up upta Mexico!
There were iguanas everywhere. I took a million pictures because I knew Christopher would love to see them!
There is a part that opens right on to the beach. The water felt so good after walking around and listening to our tour guide.
Isn't that beautiful. The building in the center was the temple.
A cute little Mayan dancer. He asked me where I was from, I told him Utah, and he said "Utah again". Apparently, another Utahn had their picture taken with him a little while before me. I kept wondering if I would see anyone I knew on the ship, but I didn't.
Thursday, November 1, 2007
Meh-he-co
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Those are great pics!! Did you see any of those rock statues like you got when you went with mom and dad? I am still jealous I didn’t get to go on that trip…but I was way too young and didn’t understand. One of my favorite family pictures of all time is you buying one of those statues from a little kid…your shoes were half off or some thing like that.
I would love to take Melissa down there sometime we probably will in the next ten years.
I did see some of those statues, but didn't buy it because I thought I would see one somewhere that I could haggle....I didn't see one later though. I wanted to buy one for Christoher.
I remember that picture. My shoes were half on. They were tennis shoes, and I didn't have time to tie them for our bathroom break. (Jenny probibly had to go potty AGAIN!) At that rest stop there were a few little kids. One was the little boy, he was the cutest, most beautiful little boy. Then there was a little girl about 2 years old, and she had the messiest face ever. Jenny had to get some wet wipes and wash her pretty little face, she couldn't resist!
I was thinking about that little boy while I was in Mexico. I figured he is about 20 years old now...wow, that must mean I am old...but not as old as Greg!!
Wow. That would be fun to go back to Tulum as an adult. I'm sure you appreciate it more now. Did your tour guide say anything about Mormons? I seem to remember one saying something about mormons. What did you learn from the tour as a grown-up?
I love the pics! I'm so glad you had a great time. The water looks beautiful and so does the weather. Wow! So much fun!
If I remember correctly, Tulum is a popular site for Mormons because many say it is the city "Bountiful" from the Book of Mormon. When I went there we had a LDS tour guide who pointed out a lot of the symbolism in the architecture that related to the Christian trinity and Jesus. That main building in the middle there with the three windows is especially significant.
Your pictures are awesome! I started thinking you must have used Photoshop to get some of the incredible colors of the ocean but then remembered that yes, it really was just that beautiful. I especially love the picture of the storm and the first picture of the clear, blue sea. What a fun trip!
Post a Comment