Since the baby was born so late on Monday, the kids didn't get to meet him until after school the next day. We had to make sure all of their immunization records were faxed into the hospital and they weren't sick. Matt took the kids up to see him, and then we decided his name will be Lincoln. We had a few other names, but I think we all knew he was Lincoln.
He ended up having to stay for 11 days. It was hard to coordinate kids, driving 30 minutes to the hospital, pumping, school, pumping, etc. but we made it work.
When Lincoln was two days old he was still on the ventilator and just not doing better and not getting any more strength like he should have. I was in my room (hospital) with Matt and the kids and I was just a wreck...Matt was too. My brother and sister-in-law (David and Angelee) stopped in to see us. Matt was able to take them up to see Lincoln and they gave him a blessing.
The next morning Lincoln was a different baby! The doctors decided to try something different (sorry, can't explain it without butchering it...too confusing!) with him and it made all the difference in the world! Our nurse was so happy and so excited to see the change. There was finally a light at the end of the tunnel! I got to hold him and love him!
I went home the next day and went back up twice a day to feed him. He ended up coming home on oxygen and stayed on it for another month.
Wednesday, August 24, 2011
Lincoln Matthew Miller
Posted by Melissa Miller at 4:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment