I couldn't decide if these pictures were appropriate to put on a blog. I decided to post about my Grandma because of the amazing last week we had with her.
Grandma had been going to Dialysis for years. The last two months her quality of life was too poor and she was too weak to continue. Her last day of dialysis was December 21st. As I said in my "New Years Day" post she was able to go eat with us. By Sunday she was semi-comatose. She would wake up every now and then. We knew her time was getting close. She had lots and lots of visitors. She was living at my Aunt Kitty's house. I know she knew we were all there to visit. She would open her eyes or squeeze our hand when we talked to her.
Chase giving Grandma "knuckles"!
Grandma and my Dad. When he walked in that night, she opened her eyes and said "oh Delbert's here". She was so happy to have him there with her.
Grandma and Anna.
Tim and Grandma. Tim was so sweet to her. Once her nose was itchy, so he itched it for her. I know those small things meant so much to her and we were so blessed to be able to serve her.
I am so glad my kids were able to be with her in her last days. She was an amazing Grandma.
Hospice was so great. They even brought in a lady to play the harp for her!
Late Wednesday night Liza flew in from New Jersey. We got back to Kitty's house around midnight. There were about 13 of us there. My sweet Aunt and Uncle set up beds for all of us, They were so good to us. I am so grateful to them. They knew we needed and wanted to be with Grandma. Liza and I stayed in the room with Grandma. We couldn't sleep a wink. We giggled and talked about times with Grandma. Grandma's last night was a big slumber party...how fun for her! I know she loved it.
She passed away on January 7th at 8:53 am. She had so many people surrounding her, she was not alone. I called all my brothers and sisters that were not there. Over the next few hours most of my siblings (that live in Utah County) and my cousins came to be together. I am so grateful for the support we were able to give each other. Family is so important!
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Grandma
Posted by Melissa Miller at 5:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment