Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Proof...

...that we really do have a fruit fly problem!!!
I put a banana in a jar, covered the jar with saran wrap, poked little tiny holes in, and went to St George. This is what we had when we came back! The lump on the right side of the jar is the banana, the rest are my beloved fruit flies.


A deadly cocktail...water, apple cider vinegar, and dish soap.

7 comments:

Suzy said...

Wo baby! That is a lot of fruit flies.

marcikay said...

ew ew ew

dave had them once.. in his car.. they lasted nearly all summer..

night.mare.

Melissa said...

You weren't kidding...yikes!

Ginga said...

Us too!!! I think we've most of them now though - disgusting!!!

Anna said...

ohh gross!! not fun at all!

Crave Photography said...

SICK!! Man that sucks, hope your problem is gone soon. No fun at all :(

Melissa Brooke said...

with all the canning and fruit trees and tomatoes my parents had over the years we've had to deal with fruit flys too. But I don't know that we ever had that many... I remember when we would have boxes of pears or apercots in the kitchen and if you kicked the box a huge swarm would fly helter skelter! You could kill 10 with one clap. I hate how they fly and blur my vision.