Monday, September 7, 2009

In Loving Memory

We have another heartbreaking announcement. One of our dear friends passed away last week. Tauna died from complications of diabetes. She leaves behind her amazing husband, Chad, and two little children.

When we lived in Springville we had a group of families that we often hung out with. We went on many camping trips and to Lake Powell together. It was always nice to have another diabetic in the group (Madeline and I are diabetic...for anyone that doesn't know...doesn't everyone know??!! I am not one to hide it!). One time we went to Lake Powell and stayed on Tauna's parent's house boat with them. Her mom said "this is the boat to be on if you're diabetic". We had sugar free pudding, sf jello, sf syrup, Crystal Light...if it was sugar free we had it with us! We could always count on each other for low blood sugar snacks, or pump supplies!

Words can not even describe how sad we are to lose Tauna. The power of prayer is amazing. I am so grateful for the comforting spirit of our Father in Heaven to get us through this.

Tauna donated several organs to diabetes research. I am so grateful to her. Someday they will find a cure, until then Madeline and I will do our best to keep it in control.

6 comments:

Bryan and Elissa Johnson said...

Hey Thanks for the post. I was about to do the same thing. I will miss her so much. thank you. See you on Wednesday.:(

Bryan and Elissa Johnson said...

It has made everybody realize how precious and fragile life is. my kids and husband have been so much more keen to everybody around them.

Bryan and Elissa Johnson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Curt, Lace and Harper said...

Thanks for posting this. I have been out of town and just did one as well. She is going to be deeply missed.

Aloha said...

I'm sorry Melissa.

Melissa Brooke said...

I'm sorry Melissa, It's so hard to lose to physical life someone you love. May you and Tauna's family be blessed with comfort. My prayers are with you and all your friends.