Everyone has their own way of doing coupons, this is what works for me.
I usually don't price match at Walmart, because I never know if they are going to tell me that I can't price match that product or blah blah blah. My friend, Kim W, price matches and usually doesn't have a problem with it.
I usually go to Smith's, Albertsons, Target and Walgreens. The blogs I follow are:
http://www.commonsensewithmoney.com/ I get ideas for Target purchases on this site
http://goodorfreedeals.blogspot.com/
http://thekrazycouponlady.com/
http://www.pinchingyourpennies.com/
You have to be careful, because some of these sites list great deals for stores, but they live in another region, so the deals won't work for me, in Utah.
My cousins use:
http://www.savvyshopperdeals.com/
The coupon sites I print from:
http://www.bettycrocker.com/coupons-promotions/default.htm
http://print.coupons.com/couponweb/Offers.aspx?pid=13903&nid=10&zid=xh20
http://coupons2.smartsource.com/smartsource/index.jsp?Link=5S2ZUA6PWPEPO
http://sites.target.com/site/en/supertarget/page.jsp?title=coupons_specials
You can only print 2 of each coupon on these sites, except Target. On the Target site you can print as many as you want, but I have had a cashier tell me they limit it to 5 of the same coupon. You can find the store's coupon policy and take it with you for backup!
I only use coupons from 2 Sunday papers (Thanks Mom and Dad). Some people get like 10 papers. I feel like I get enough with just 2 papers.
Alot of people say that they only find coupons for stuff they don't want. There are plenty of coupons for stuff we don't use, but plenty for what we use.
Walgreens has "register rewards" on certain items each week. That means you buy the item, and a coupon for X amount prints out to use on your next purchase. For instance: buy 2 Crest products for 2/$4, and receive a RR for $2 to use on your next purchase. So really I am only paying $2. Add a coupon or 2 to that and you could get them free! If you split up your transactions you can use the RR right away. I always have the girls at the cosmetic counter ring me up. They told me they have to get a certain amount of transactions each day. They have always been helpful and happy with my multiple tranactions.
The way I did it on my last post...the one where I was bragging...
Albertsons had a rebate promotion. If you bought $25 worth of Kraft products you would get a coupon for $5 off your next purchase. Plus, a $20 mail in rebate. Just after doing that the items would be free, but I also added coupons to the transaction. (Yes Camille, that is Great Grains!! It is my favorite too!!)
I have never run into any problems with cashiers. Treat then like they are your BFF. Have all your coupons ready, have your transactions split up, and be organized. I use a coupon binder. It is a zipper binder (I got it on clearance at Walmart for $2.50!!), with labeled tab dividers. I found a site that had a list of different catagories. I just customized it to meet my needs. I use baseball card page protectors to store the coupons.
It takes alot of time, especially in the beginning, when you are just learning. Once you have it down, it ain't so bad.
I can't think of anything else to add. Any questions? We will now open this up for discussion.
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Coupons...my way!
Posted by Melissa Miller at 9:27 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Wow!! It looks like I have some learning to do. I'm so impressed with you.
you are good..
I think I'm just to lazy to put in this kind of work!!
Good for You!
Post a Comment