Saturday, July 11, 2009

This Place Again!

For Jenny's birthday we went to The Thai Kitchen...AGAIN! It was yummy and slow, but we didn't have kids with us, so that didn't matter one bit!
The story of the lady sitting next to my mom...When Jenny (my sister, yellow shirt, on the other side of my mom) was about 7 the school sent home a note to all the kids about the "big brother-big sister" program. For some reason my mom thought it would be a good idea for Jenny to have a "big sister". Some claim it is because Jenny was so quiet, others claim it was because Liza (just younger than Jenny) was a (how shall I put this nicely) very active child...took up too much of my parents time...demanding child!!! Jenny got her big sister, Dana, and we were all so jealous. When Dana would come to our front door the youngest 4 or 5 kids would all run to answer it and just stare up at her. Dana made Jenny all sorts of cool things, like, pillows that spelled "J E N N Y"...LUCKY! We have stayed in touch with Dana all this time. One of Jenny's cute sisters (me!) sent Dana a little note on good ole Facebook and invited her to surprise Jenny...I am so thoughtful!

2 comments:

Brenna LaPray said...

You are so thoughtful! I just love being with my family. Great 4th of July pictures. I still need to get some hats. Does your neighbor do parties? I might look into hosting one.

Tropicanna said...

I love that restaurant! Also- I didn't know Jenny was part of the big-sister program. That's a cool story!