Monday, June 22, 2009

Ideas Please!

I found this bedding for Lily's room! I bought 2 other bedding sets and finally decided on this one. The good thing about all of it is that the sets kept getting less expensive...gotta love that.

NOW, I don't know how to decorate it! I don't even know what to call the style. I was thinking of making some of those cute little birds in felt...yea, sure I can make things! I think I really just need to go to Ikea!

If you have any fabulous ideas let me know!

PS For all of you concerned fans...my shingles are doing okay. I haven't had too much pain and I think I caught it early enough so it shouldn't get worse. I did have to cancel Activity Days...darn it...I wouldn't want to contaminate anyone (even though one can't "catch" shingles). Better to be safe than sorry!

9 comments:

Shea said...

I'd go to IKEA. What about doing some colorful vinyl circles on the wall? I'm thinking about doing that in Hanna's. My IKEA flowers were lovely but they haven't stuck very well. Glad the shingles aren't too horrible. My mom had them a few years ago and it was really bad.

Suzy said...

I love the bedding. I don't have good idea, but I love wainscoting and bead board. I am sure you'll decorate much better than me.

Benji Pearson said...

I love the felt bird idea. You could also....ya know while yer sewing, make flowers of the like. and you could glue some of said flowers and birds on white frames or other color from the bedding, I have a great picture of a room in this style. i'll see if i can get it to you. also look at my blog http://ozondah.blogspot.com under my "Design" links they all have great ideas but Print and Patern does a lot with this style. above all have fun and remember while Ikea does have tons of cute things, it will mean more to both you and Lilly if you spend some time making at least a few things for her room. hope this helps

liza said...

I wanna go to IKEA with you!

Our little family said...

You could do felt birds AND circles in the same colors! I almost bought that same bedding for my kids, then couldn't justify it, because they have perfectly good blankets, and now they don't carry it anymore! Sad.

Shea said...

I also get a lot of ideas from www.potterybarnkids.com

Andee said...

Super cute bedding!

Tim and Kristine said...

Very cute. Last time I was at Roberts they had some cute vinyl birds and cages and stuff. Just a thought! Glad that your shingles aren't too bad and that you aren't out there contaminating folks!

Kim said...

make your own stamp(carve)... print on canvas for wall hangings...