Thursday, February 26, 2009

Fraction Day

Christopher's 2nd grade class is learning about fractions. A few days ago the teacher sent home a note saying they were having fractions day and the kids could dress in fractions!
I cut 2 shirts and put them together with that ever-so-handy iron on adhesive. He wore different socks and shoes. We did one half of his hair combed and the other half spiky!


In this picture he is trying to do half smile-half frown!

4 comments:

liza said...

That fraction thing is the greatest idea. And Christopher's mother is ever so creative. What fun.

liza said...

I made a skirt out of that iron adhesive stuff once. I think I even tried to wear it to school. Scary.

Melissa said...

What a fun idea!!

ocmist said...

That is really a GREAT teacher to come up with something like that. It would be so much fun for the kids and really stick the fractions into thier little brains... BRILLIANT!!!

And your ideas and help would have really made a difference in getting him excited and learning, too! What a GOOD Mom!