Tuesday, January 27, 2009

No Cavities!!!!

I went to my new dentist last week, Dr. McDonald (His office is on 800 North and about 400 West, in Orem. The phone number is 221-7615. He is fabulous and I highly recommend him). I grew up with Jon, we have known each other since birth.
To my sheer delight I had zero cavities. (We will not mention that I have to have two EXTRACTIONS. Both are in the very back. One has been broken for years...like 6 years. The other had an abcess and had already had a root canal. He said they could go in through the side, but it was so close to a nerve he didn't recommend it....we don't need the other side of my mouth permenantly numb-another post all together! BUT, we are not talking about extractions, we are talking about cavities!) I am so proud of myself I could just go brush and floss!

PS I think my spell check ain't workin'!

PSS I am trying to redo my background, that is why my blog is so plain white right now!

PSSS Matt went to Dr McDonald (that is so silly to call him that) and he had one cavity. Ha, I am so much better than him (he hasn't been to the dentist for 10 years, only one cavity isn't too bad. I guess I am proud of him!!!).

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that picture!!! I heard he was a great dentist.

Tropicanna said...

Ha ha ha! I have an appointment with Dr. McDonald next month. I told them you recommended him on Facebook and they were really excited about it! I'm so proud of you that you have no cavities. I think I'm in for my first root canal. I'm not happy about it. *sigh* I'll let you know! (And you ARE so much better than Matt... WHY hasn't he been to the dentist in 10 years????)

Aloha said...

Is tis the one that is in Stratford Park in Orem, by my house? If it is he is my dentist too.......

The Dailey's said...

CONGRATS on the no cavities! Lucky girl, I have to have some dental work done soon too, gag! I can't believe Jon McDonald is a dentist. It's so much fun to see what people do with their lives. BTW, I don't love year round school! We are luckily going to a charter school this fall with a modified traditional schedule. Yippee! We were just off for 4 1/2 weeks in Dec. and Jan. and it nearly made me crazy!

marcikay said...

I love a no cavities appointment.. I didn't have one of those in January.. I had a "you need 2 crowns" appointment.. One down, one to go..

But I can definitely pat myself on the back in comparison to my Davy.. You've read all about that, I know!

Why would you want to be a dentist? No one is excited to see you.....

Bryan and Elissa Johnson said...

Why is that men take so long to go and then they usually have fewer problems then us who go every six months. Before I got bryan to go it had been since before his mission. What are these pansies afraid of?

Our little family said...

You're so lucky! My mouth is so numb still, and it's been 4 hours since I went to the dentist! I think Matt's lucky. Rusty didn't go to the dentist for two years a couple years ago, and when he did go, he had I think, 10 cavities and a root canal! Our part that year, after insurance, was over $2000!

I'm such a baby at the dentist. I was shaking and all nauseous. I got to watch Shrek though! :)

Shea said...

I might have to check him out. I'm in need of a dentist.

Christine said...

What a cute family you have. Thank you for all the kind notes you have left on our family blog. Yes, Jamie and I were in the same ward when we moved to Houston. Very small world! Take Care, and congrats on no cavities--keep up on the brushing and flossing!

Breeann said...

Hurray for you! To funny that he is your dentist too. We have always hated the dentist until we met Dr. McDonald. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

liza said...

The look on your faces is priceless! You were both too shy to even smile! I love it. I can hardly imagine him as a grown-up, much less a Dentist. You've done a great job of singing his praises.