Today is the day right in the middle of Con's and X's birthdays. If you can believe it X will be 16 years old. Con turned 14 five days ago. For those of you who don't know who these darling precious boys are, let me explain. When I graduated from high school I started working at a day care. I took care of the babies, and loved every minute of it. Con started going there around the same time I started working. It was love at first sight. He had very little hair, a round delightful face, and ears that stuck out just a bit. I shouldn't have played favorites, but I did. (I really loved all the children, but I will admit I had a favorite boy-Con, and a favorite girl-Jes...I saw her Mom today at the store we cried over old times, it was sooo much fun.)
A few days after I met Con, I met his brother X. What a doll. He had wavy hair, and a smile to melt anyone's heart. He was wearing his cowboy boots, and most likely carrying "Mia". That is the name of his beloved stuffed animal (his smart Mom bought 2 or 3 "Mias" in case one disappeared).
I wish I had a scanner, so you could really see the pictures. The bottom one of the little fella on the swing is X. If you click on the picture, turn you head to the side, squint just a bit, maybe close one eye you can kindof sorta see the melt-your-heart smile. The top picture of the sour face boy is Con trying some fruit.
I started to babysit them at their home when their parents needed a little break, or went on vacation. Boy, did we have fun! I became very close with their mom, Nae, she helped me through all sorts of job searches, school, and boys!
Their amazing dad passed away 3 years ago. I think of him all the time. He was so nice to me. He was such a hard worker, and is missed beyond words.
I love you Boots, Beans, Nae, and T. I can't wait to catch up.
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Right in the Middle...
Posted by Melissa Miller at 3:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I cant believe those boys are so old!! they sure remind me of good times!
wow. it's hard to believe they are that old. that also makes you REALLY old. i guess that makes me even OLDER!
Post a Comment