1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Usually wrapping paper, but some of those toy boxes are impossible to wrap, because half the toy is sticking out. So sometimes I do gift bags.
2. REAL OR FAKE TREE? 2 fakes, we had real when we first got married, but they would get stinky after a while.
3. When do you put up the tree? Before Thanksgiving! I love Christmas decor. I put it up as early as possible without being too embarrassed! When we were little it was the Monday around Liza's birthday (Dec. 6th). It was always a maddening experience because the lights would never work, and be so tangled it took an army to get them untangled!
4. When do you take the tree down? After New Years. By then I am so ready to have the house Christmas decor-free.
5. Do you like eggnog? Not so much. I like eggnog Creamies (those yummy milky popsicles), and eggnog shakes.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? One year I got a new daybed and matching vanity...they were brass! They were so lovely! One year Liza got a picnic table, I liked that one! I can't remember anything else. But I was always so happy on Christmas, so I must have gotten (I hate that word...well, non-word) some good stuff.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? I have many. I like to collect small sets. (many pieces, just small people, etc). REMEMBER SIBLINGS: I get Mom and Dad's nativity when they kick the bucket....I called it hundreds of years ago.
8. Hardest person to buy for? My parents and Matt's parents...well, but not Judy. She is fun to buy for, because she likes all the home decor I pick out for her.
9. Easiest person to buy for? Christopher or Grandma Pearson (pj's or slippers every year!)
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever got? Socks, but only because I cheated and looked in the box before Christmas. It was a good thing Mom didn't catch me, or she would have returned them in a heart beat. Her threat of returning our presents if we peeked always scared me! I use it on my kids all the time!
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Neither. I am such a loser, and I never send them.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I love Charlie Brown's Christmas, and Elf. That is soooo incredibly funny.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? When Matt gives me the money to start shopping!!
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes, but I'm not going to say what it was, or who I gave it to!!!
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Mom's fudge. I love fudge, and hers is my ABSOLUTE ABSOLUTE ABSOLUTE favorite.!
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear, but lately I have seen some dark royal-ish color-ish ones that are really nice...but that would not be on the tree. Only clear allowed on the tree!
17. Favorite Christmas song? I love anything on the Clay Aiken CD...yes I still listen to that!
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? stay at home half the day, then go to Springville and Provo.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? dasher, dancer, prancer, vixen, comet, cupid, donner, blitzen, rudolph......only because I didn't erase that from Benji's answer!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star on one tree, nothing on the other. I can't find anything I like for it.
21. Open presents on Christmas Eve? PJ's. When we were little I loved to open the one from Grandma Olivia! Those were always so fun. That sure was thoughtful of her to give ALLLL of us something, and getting that box filled with oranges and goodies was the best!
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? ummm, I can't think of anything.
23. What I love most about Christmas? FAMILY!!! (and fudge!!)
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
Christmas Thing...
Posted by Melissa Miller at 7:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
a coupla thoughts...
i don't remember the picnic table???
i remember the christmas light fiascos. to think, all we needed to do was fold them up carefully each year instead of jumbling them into a ball... what a concept.
do mom and dad even display their nativity scene anymore? you might just be able to kife that one now... sorry mom.
do i need to get the clay aiken christmas cd? i'll bet josh groban's is better. he even sings with the motab... my pretend boyfriend sings better than yours!
i loved olivia's box too... memories.
Was I just dreaming about the picnic table? I just remember being really jealous of it. Umm, maybe that didn't really happen!
The Christmas light fiasco...yes so much easier to take 10 minutes to fold them up!
They do display the nativit still darn it!
I love the Clay DC because I can sing along with it. It seems like Josh's songs are so low and so slow. Don't get me wrong, I love the Josh too. I have just been listening to Clay at Christmas for years now, so I have it memorized. I still do listen to Josh though!
Good thing you had an army at that house to unwind all of those lights. The greatest invention in my book are the pre-lit trees. I send many thanks to the woman/man responsible for this!
i like the new look.
Post a Comment